Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Forever a Newton Kid

Being placed on Newton freshman year might not seem ideal at the time, but in the end, it is an experience I am very thankful for. People say it has the best dining hall, the buses are fun at night, and that Newton has a greater sense of community, and while I found all of these things to be true, I felt the greatest aspect of Newton is the environment that you are provided with freshman year that helps transition BC from a school to a home. What reminded me of this feeling was putting up Christmas decorations in my quad on lower campus (a little early I know), which made my room even more “homey” than it already is.
Stuart dining hall is a good place to start. With decorations for every holiday, themed nights with special meals every Thursday, and a kind staff that really got to know the residents, Stuart always put me in a good mood and made ,e feel welcome as a place to relax from the stress of classes, clubs, applications, etc. For us Newton kids, it was the place we would retreat to after a long day’s work on Main Campus. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of Main Campus definitely made Newton more of a home, like getting home from school in High School.

Living on Lower is truly amazing and as a sophomore there is no where else I would rather be; however, there are nights when I miss the warm, welcoming retreat we call Newton Campus.  I think freshman who live on Newton get the feeling that BC is more of a home, and I would not trade that for living on Upper any day (though all my friends who lived on upper loved it as well). To all you incoming freshman out there, do not be disappointed with Newton Campus – it is a blessing in disguise. 

 - Erin Fitzpatrick ’17 

No comments:

Post a Comment