Monday, November 10, 2014

Club Rugby!

In high school, sports were always an integral part of my life. I loved exercising and simply being part of a team. When coming to BC in the fall, I expected that I would just stick with running and the occasional group fitness class at the Plex, but at the student involvement fair something caught my eye. I saw the club rugby team’s table, and I instantly thought that this was a great idea for me. I figured it would be a great way to make friends, both fellow freshmen, as well as a way to meet upperclassmen. I had absolutely no knowledge about how to play the sport, but the captains said not to worry about it and just to come to practice. So, now, almost two and a half months later, I am still part of the team and I couldn’t be happier about my decision. Although I was super confused at the beginning, I love learning a new sport. I’ve gotten to travel to other nearby schools to play and, of course, I love all of the team bonding activities that we do. So, if anyone is looking to try a new sport, I highly recommend trying rugby!
-Jillian Bjorn-Caron ‘18

No comments:

Post a Comment