Monday, November 10, 2014

DUO Mentoring Program

The summer before my freshman year I received an email about BC’s DUO Mentoring Program, where freshman girls have the opportunity to get match with an upperclassmen to help them ease the transition to college. After hearing about this, I immediately knew that I wanted to be involved. I figured this would be a great way to meet upperclassmen at school that I probably wouldn’t meet otherwise. About a week after I filled out the form, I got a call from my new mentor, a sophomore, Amanda. She asked me if I was excited to start school in a few short weeks and what I was nervous about. After talking for a little bit she told me we would schedule a time at the very start of school to actually meet in person. Since then Amanda has been an amazing resource for me here at Boston College. She regularly texts me just to ask how my week was, and we’ve gone out to dinner and breakfast just to chat. Ultimately, I strongly believe that this is a great program for freshman girls to be involved in so they are able to ask advise and simply make an older friend here at school, and I am so happy that Boston College helps to facilitate these experiences!
-Jillian Bjorn-Caron ‘18

No comments:

Post a Comment