Sunday, March 15, 2015

Study Spot: The Chocolate Bar

At Boston College there are many places to go to study, catch up with a friend, or simply people watch. My favorite happens to be The Chocolate Bar in Stokes Hall. I absolutely love the calm, coffee house vibe coupled with such close proximity to classes. Being in the Carroll School of Management, I do not get the chance to go over to Stokes very often so the Chocolate Bar is a nice escape from Fulton Hall (which houses most of my CSOM classes). I particularly enjoy hanging out there when I have an essay to write; nothing keeps me going like the smell of coffee and the readily available famous giant cookies. Unlike a library where the stress level can get a bit too high for my tastes, the Chocolate Bar has an equal amount of people grabbing a chai latte with friends as it does people studying for exams, averaging the stress out to a nice, neutral level. The Chocolate Bar, to me, resembles a mini-Boston College; it has social students that know when to get work done in a calm and relaxed manner.

-Kimberly Pace '17

No comments:

Post a Comment