Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Making time to help relieve stress

With finals shortly approaching, it is important to find good stress-relieving tactics so you don't feel too overwhelmed during this arduous time. After a stressful test, I tend to do go outside (especially now because the weather is so beautiful) and participate in some kind of physical activity. I go to crossfit three to four times a week so that always is a great way to unwind after a stressful test. My friends and I also have frequent dance parties in my room and those are always a great way to de-stress. Our dance parties tend to involve props i.e.: a variety of hats involving snapbacks, construction hats, a giant whale hat coupled with various shades. One time an RA from Gonzaga 2 came up and knocked on our door, I answered and she goes "Can you please turn your music down? The room below you is shaking." Our dance parties are no joking matter. We also choreographed a dance for our friend's birthday and frequent Zumba class every Wednesday from 6:45-7:45. It is important to just keep laughing because this rough patch will be over soon. I agree that laughter is the best medicine, laughter is essentially the be all end all in my book. I'm all about the laughs because I never really take myself too seriously, or seriously at all in some matters. 

-Priya Atiyeh A&S '18

No comments:

Post a Comment